Earlier this week Grandstream Networks launched their newest product, the UCM6100 series phone system.
Now you’ve heard me say it before; a phone system, is a phone system, is a phone system.
So what’s the big deal with the new Grandstream UCM6100? Two things: feature set and price.
The UCM 6100 series is packed with everything from voice conferencing bridges to video conferencing capabilities and even IP surveillance capabilities. Starting at just $399 USD for the entry level 2 FXO system, you get an amazing amount of functionality at a rock bottom price.
Grandstream UCM6100 Features
Much of what is great about the Grandstream UCM6100 is thanks to the fact that it’s based off of Asterisk. For the UCM6100, Grandstream has taken the powerful open source telephony platform and created an easy to use web GUI that allows anyone with basic knowledge to harness the power of the platform.
Here are some of the specifics that the UCM 6100 brings to the table:
- Two (2) analog FXS ports (with lifeline capability in case of
- Up to 50 SIP Trunk Options
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports(s) with integrated PoE, USB, SD
- 4 Gigabit Flash Memory
- Integrated NAT Router with QoS (6102 model only)
- Line echo cancellation
- Multi-language support
- Advanced security protection to safeguard account and encrypt calls – built in firewall, with SRTP/TLS encryption, 802.1X network security and HTTPS Web UI
In addition, the UCM6100 series also boasts:
- Two (2) year manufacturer warranty
- No licensing/recurring fees for features like IVR, call
- Free lifetime firmware updates
- Auto discovery and registration of SIP endpoints
(phones, cameras etc.)
- Zero configuration provisioning via the intuitive Web UI
- Remote maintenance and administration
- Broad SIP interoperability with popular service providers,
SIP trunk providers and other SIP hardware, including GXP IP
Phones and GXV IP Multimedia Phones and Video Cameras.
Grandtream UCM6100 Series Pricing
Of course these features can be found on other VoIP systems. Except you’d be hard pressed to find them at these prices:
- Grandstream UCM6102 – 2FXO/2FXS and up to 30 simultaneous calls – $399
- Grandstream UCM6104 – 4FXO/2FXS and up to 45 simultaneous calls – $499
- Grandstream UCM6108 – 8FXO/2FXS and up to 60 simultaneous calls – $949
- Grandstream UCM6116 – 16FXO/2FXS and up to 60 simultaneous calls – $1,799
By my calculations, with the UCM6100, Grandstream is about 66% less expensive then similar systems from other manufacturers. That’s a huge cost savings for any business!
Want More Information?
For more information on the Grandstream UCM6100 you can visit the following places: