If you are reading this it probably means that you are interested in Mobile VoIP. After all, Mobile VoIP is one of the hottest new technologies in the VoIP market today. With all of the buzz and attention though, comes misinformation and consumer misconception. The following guide is designed to assist you in finding the Mobile VoIP solution based on the needs of you and your business. It is advice is based on over six years of experience working with hundreds of companies that have been assisted in finding the right VoIP solutions for their business needs.
Mobile VoIP does not have to be difficult
For many early adopters of Mobile VoIP services, they find the technology to be less than ideal. As with any new technology, there are hurdles in using a Mobile VoIP service. Fortunately for you, selecting the right Mobile VoIP solution does not have to be that hard. No matter if you are a small medium business, a large enterprise or a regular Joe, there is a basic set of questions you need to answer before selecting the right Mobile VoIP solution.
Things to consider before selecting a Mobile VoIP service
- What type of phone do you have? Most Mobile VoIP service providers only support certain cellular or mobile handsets. Finding out if a Mobile VoIP provider supports your handset first, is a must as most Mobile VoIP providers require that an application be downloaded onto your hadset before you can use the service.
- Does the Mobile VoIP service work over WiFi or 3G or both? Many Mobile VoIP services only work over a third party WiFi network, while others will work over your phone 3G network connection (using your â€œdata connectionâ€). Knowing what network connections your Mobile VoIP provider supports will determine when and where you can use it.
- What country will you be calling to and from most often Country specific calling rates vary based on the Mobile VoIP provider, so a good rule of thumb is to know where to and where from you will be calling so that you can do an apples to apples comparison on the cost of the service.
- Do any of your friends, family or colleagues use a Mobile VoIP Service? Most Mobile VoIP service providers offer free calling between their users, so you can save money on calling by subscribing to a service that your friends, family or colleagues do.
- How easy is the service to use? There are many different ways that Mobile VoIP providers can complete a Mobile VoIP call. Take a look at the documentation, screen shots and even try the service out before you use it to make sure you are comfortable with how the Mobile VoIP application works prior to making a commitment.
When selecting a Mobile VoIP service you will may encounter more questions, problems and issues than the considerations named above. However, if you answer the five questions listed above prior to selecting your Mobile VoIP service, you will find that you will be better prepared to make an informed decision. They result of which should be a user who is satisfied with the Mobile VoIP service they use each day.
If you have more questions about Mobile VoIP services for your business, please contact us, or check out the Mobile VoIP offers to the right.