Video 9: How to Set-up Voicemail to Email
This video instructs you on setting up voicemail-to-email. Voicemail-to-email allows you to send your voicemail recordings to an email address, so you can listen to them from your cell phone, or from a web browser. The FreePBX template we are giving you comes equipped with an SMTP relay, so it’s going to send out the messages with very little configuration intervention.
1. Browse to FreePBX admin screen > Select “Applications” drop down menu > Select “Extensions”
- Select the extension you first created (that has your voicemail setup).
- Under the “Voicemail” section of this extension enter an “Email Address”
- Click “yes” “Email Attachment” if you want the voicemail to be attached as an email to the email address you entered
- Select your settings “Play CID” , “Play Envelope”, “Delete Voicemail”
- Click “Submit”
- Click “Apply Config”
You will now have your voicemail’s sent to your email address as an attachment.
What is Voicemail to Email?
Recorded voicemails are sent to an email address in addition to being stored on your phone. This gives users of the system the opportunity to retrieve messages instantly regardless of where they are, provided they are able to connect to the internet.