Here is a nice round up of some of the news coming out of LA at the IT Expo if, like me, you weren’t able to make it out.
- Aastra’s New DECT solution – Aastra’s previous SIP DECT solution worked like a champ and with WiFi phones losing their luster, the Aastra MBU 400 could be a home run.
- SIP Print debuts call recording appliance – Never heard of SIP Print and with most phone systems these days featuring the ability to record calls, their appliance might face some hurdles ahead, but if you are in need of call recording functionality, check them out.
- Junction Networks certifies another handset manufacturer – Looks like my pals at Junction Networks are continuing to grow their ecosystem in announcing that Aastra handsets now work with Junction’s OnSIP hosted service.
- Phonevite opens up API – One-to-many phone broadcasting service Phonevite, who in less then a year is already profitable, has released their API – look for some interesting mash-up’s to come from this.
- Jonathan tells us what most have known for a few years – VoIP is dead? No, it’s not, but as Jonathan says, it is no longer as important as it once was thanks to IM, video and SMS.Â