Here are the top VoIP stories for the week ending August 14th, 2006:
- Digium Recieves $13.2 Million in Financing – Creators of Asterisk, get funding from Matrix Partners.
- Cable Companies Dominating VoIP marketplace – 3 of the nation’s top 4 VoIP Service providers are Cable Co’s.
- Advertising Supported VoIP is Here – Globe7 offers users free minutes for watching video ads.
- Microsoft partners with accessory companies to promote VoIP – Software giant making numerous VoIP plays.
- Skype Releases V2.6 – New sound libraries and the ability to call telephone numbers on web pages added.
- Sony Anounces the Mylo – Company hopes device will bring WFi and VoIP to the mainstream audience.
Look for more exciting news from the World of VoIP next week!